Collection| Red Lipsticks


I didn't realize I had this many red lipsticks in my collection. This is a serious addiction and must be stopped. Help me. Someone help me. The worst part is that I don't even wear lipsticks on a daily basis, let alone to a special event or occasion. Something about red makes me weak in the knees when I see it on others, but for me it's too much maintenance and upkeep for every day. A girl's gotta eat, and red lipstick smeared everywhere after a meal is always gross. 

For swatches, please keep scrolling. Swatches are on clean skin that's around NC25-30 (very similar to my face, but obviously not my lips.) I couldn't do lip swatches because my lips are very sensitive and just removing lip makeup can make it dry out very badly. Photos were taken on an overcast day either indoors or under "sunlight." 

Please keep in mind that the swatch orders are reversed. I start swatching from the wrist down. 


From left to right: Shu Uemura Baby Flame. Shiseido Bordeaux. Hourglass Icon. YSL Rouge Volupte in Red Muse. Shu Uemura in Lacquer Red.





From left to right: NARS Shanghai Express, NARS Heat Wave, NARS Red Lizard, Lime Crime Red Velvet stain, Revlon Matte Balm Stain in Standout.










From left to right: Buxom Provocative, MUFE Rouge Artiste Intense in Mat 8. Nars Gipsy. MUFE in 44. UD Revolution in F-Bomb.









From left to right: Bite lipstick for Sephora VIB Rouge (center), Kate Moss for Rimmel in 01, MAC Lady Danger, MAC Viva Glam I, MAC Ruby Woo, MAC So Chaud, Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet








Enjoy! What are your favorite red lipsticks? Do you like a more matte or satin finish? 

xo Be







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! This made me seriously lem Nars Shanghai Express...I love the vampyness of it!

Unknown said...

It's the perfect red for the fall/winter without looking too scary or bright imo :)