Edit| Dewy, Radiant, Luminous Foundations on Rotation (IT Cosmetics, Dior, Benefit, L'oreal, and Bourjois)


You know these foundations are heavily abused and loved when you can see fingerprints and smudges ERRWHERE on the packaging. My apologies.

I've been testing these five out for the past month or so, making sure to understand each one's nuances and unique traits. Have you noticed that none of them are matte finishes? I'm back on the dewy "this is really my skin no really" bandwagon. Each have their own pros and cons, but all give off a radiant "glow from within" and all that jazz. Of course, some of them venture on the greasy side if not set properly with a powder, but more on that later. 


From left to right: IT Cosmetics CC Cream in Medium, Dior Diorskin Nude in 31 Sand, Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow in Petal, L'oreal True Match Lumi in W3 Nude Beige, Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in 53 Light Beige.


You may have seen these swatches before in earlier posts, but I want to include them for reference in case you are close to my shade range (NC30 to NC35.) My skin type is currently dry to normal, with some flakes on the nose depending on the humidity. I need all the help I can get to make my skin less dull and lifeless. 


Let me just do the dirty work for you and break it down by "best of":

1. Best shade match: Hands down Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow in Petal is the most yellow toned foundation I've ever seen at a mass retailer besides MAC. Since it's so yellow, I can see myself getting away with it when I'm lighter or darker. 

2. Best wear time: Between Diorskin Nude and IT Cosmetics CC cream, I can go for 12 hour days and run errands in blazing hot weather without sweating my face off. Both look flawless even after a long day and multiple blottings. 

3. Best value: Those who want a dewy and luminous foundation without breaking the bank can try L'oreal True Match Lumi. It looks peachy in swatches but alright on my face, and the formula performs well for its price.

4. Best coverage: The IT Cosmetics CC cream is actually a full coverage foundation (deceptive name, right?) and can cover up all of my dark circles, hyper-pigmentation, and broken capillaries with one layer. 

5. Best finish: All of these give off a dewy and luminous finish, but Diorskin Nude actually veers more on the natural/satin side, making it look less "natural" but definitely more polished as a base. I wouldn't call it nude, but it has the least chance of looking greasy on the face or transferring onto your clothes. 

Poor Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, I didn't give it enough love from what you can see. It's a decent foundation, but in no way better than the original Healthy Mix formulation. It's very sheer coverage in a portable bottle, making it the perfect foundation to slap on when you're in a hurry and don't care to cover up your flaws. 

That's all for now, I'm expecting this trend to continue indefnitely as long as I live in San Jose as the dry weather makes my skin react badly to heavier foundations. We will see, though, as I'm always fickle and wanting to experiment with different finishes and textures. 

xo Be

No comments: