Haul| Dior, Giorgio Armani, and Laneige Goodies





For the past two months, my life has been a steady low buy as my life priorities shift from spending to saving. Though I'm back in my hometown and surrounded by friends and family, there's still that little demon nagging me to try new products even when I don't have major wants for anything outside of my stash.

The solution? Get into nail polish. No, make that high end nail polish. 

Not pictured here is the Dior Vernis Gel Shine and Long Wear Nail Lacquer ($25 each) in Aventure 551 (a punchy coral red that leans orange)  and Wonderland 575 (a hot pink which wasn't original enough for me to keep.)  

However, I did choose to feature Tra-La-La 155 since milky pink nudes define my nail game 80% of the time. And yes, these Dior polishes are ultra chip resistant and opaque. I'll have a review up on the blog within a week or so. 



But wait, there's more! I returned Wonderland to get Sailor 700 in the Nail Polish and Couture Stickers Duo ($30) for Dior's Summer 2014 Transatlantique collection. This one is a regular ole nail varnish with no gel effect, but you get a) the world's fanciest nail file and b) fun stickers to decorate your sexy new nautically themed mani.

The second product that had been on the back of my mind for quite some time is the Laneige BB Cushion ($34 at Target) which launched some time ago for an American audience. 



I went to several Target expecting to find Medium (perhaps a good match for NC30-35) and only found Light stocked on the shelves. Of course, Light is ghastly pale and more suitable to NC15-20 and the extra refill pack does nothing to aid my cause. I went ahead and ordered the Korean version in #23 Sand Beige hoping it will be a better match. 

:Lastly, the moving and relocation stress has really brought out my dark circles. I never thought the day would come, but I now have slight darkness brought on by lack of sleep (I mean several days if not weeks in a row) and stress. 

Am I kidding? Kinda. I've been opting for more lightweight base products with less coverage in general, but my Maybelline Age Rewind hasn't been doing its job quite as well since I am much tanner now. Based on recommendation I picked up the Giorgio Armani Master Corrector in 02 ($39.) 

It's spendy, compact, and so worth it. With a single swipe and a little pat pat pat, that horrid darkness underneath my eyes went away and I didn't need second concealer on top. Somehow the pure orange counteracted with my purple undereyes without looking ashy on my olive skin. 

So far, I'm enjoying all of my new products and temperate Northern California summer. I've forgotten how sunny and breezy the weather is up here. 

xo Be



No comments: