Review| Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit


This, my friend, is the palette of dreams. No, you're not going to achieve Kim Kardashian Botox'ed cheekbones with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit ($40). You just might look sculpted, natural, and beautifully blessed with amazing bone structure. 


It had been a "sold out" nightmare to many for a long time. It came in stock, then sold out, then came in stock, and sold out again...you know the drill. I set a Sephora email reminder for myself (they even limited it to one purchase per account...) and snatched it up. Within an hour they were sold out again. 

The six powders come in a removable pan within a sleek palette with a cardboard sleeve on the outside. You can definitely remove the pans if you wanted to and you can buy refill pans online. In any case, I don't think I'll ever be able to use this palette up by myself. It looks to be, and probably is, a pro product. 


There's a variety of undertones for your matte contour shades. I detect red, grey, and orange yet nothing overpowering or overly obvious. The contour shades are meant to mimic shadows, and they do so very well. In the three lighter shades there is one shimmery neutral that works very well as a highlight and two that can be used to set your under-eye area or emphasize the high plains of ya face. 


Ingredients are below. 


I can't think of a single con with this product, besides the fact that there isn't a mirror in the palette. Otherwise, the products perform exceedingly well. Below are swatches (no primer, under artificial daylight bulbs, one swirl) for your reference.



Pros

- Very pigmented yet still mimics how shadows are cast on the face.
- Great variety of undertones for different skintones and purposes.
- Blends like a dream and looks just as natural as cream contouring products.
- Works well with any type of brush. 
- The powders don't kick up too much product or have fall out issues.

Cons

- Beginners should use a light hand at first, as these are indeed very pigmented.
- No mirror in the compact and a cardboard sleeve makes it a pain to use daily.
- The product itself is constantly sold out/hard to find.


This is under daylight, but the sun has just begun to set. Nothing crazy, right? 


Here is the product (not all 6 powders, Kim K!) on my mug. I tried to keep a light hand but still wanted a noticeable difference as I was heading out to a party that night. It looks incredibly natural and yet sculpted, right? Or am I just brainwashed into thinking that sculpted cheekbones are natural in the first place??



In all honesty, there's a reason why this palette is constantly out of stock and never seen in stores. I suggest you pick it up for yourself whenever you see it. Even if you're not a huge fan of contouring to fake cheekbones and a high nose like I am, the individual shades make excellent setting powders, highlighters, and bronzers. If you're a pro makeup artist? Nuff said.

xo Be









2 comments:

Miss Renee said...

Stuff like this makes me wish I was in to contouring. It seems like such a well-designed palette, and holy fig newtons, is it popular.

Unknown said...

Even if I don't contour every day, I think that the warmer toned "contour" shades work very well to bronze and the powders can be used as all over setting powders! It's a great value for a palette in general and puts everything complexion related into one spot.