First Look| Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Palette


Anastasia Beverly Hills released the Amrezy Palette ($29) a few months ago, and it took over the YouTube world with so many positive reviews. It was designed in collaboration with Amrezy who is a makeup artist from Instagram. I've never heard of her before this palette, but after following her IG I can tell she's one for a lot of drama. By that I mean she always does a strong contour, bold brows, lots of blush, and perfect lashes!

For $29 bucks, ten pans isn't a bad deal. I decided to purchase for purposes of debunking the hype or falling in complete love with it. I bought it on the Anastasia website as it had already pulled out of Ulta by the time I had made up my mind.


Packaging: is so incredibly tacky for my taste, but it's sturdy cardboard and comes with a mirror and dual ended brush. A magnet lets it close shut, but I wouldn't take this traveling. Another minor annoyance is how my Glisten pan looks about ready to take off. 

Texture: It's a soft but non-fallout prone formula. 

Blendability: Most of the shades are very soft and blendable with the exception of Vanilla, which felt more powdery and went on chalkier than expected.

Lasting Power: With any decent primer, these shadows should not crease for the entire day. I did notice some slight fading at the 10 hour mark, but really, that's good enough.




Color Scheme: Even if you're afraid of bright colors, the Iridescent Purple and Emerald shades are very soft jewel tones that can easily be incorporated into any looks. The stars of this palette are Caramel and Morroco, both very warm (almost orange!) browns for blending in the crease. Lucky for me, I use orange-browns almost exclusively for that purpose and find that this is a workhorse palette right away.

Pigmentation: These shadows are of medium pigmentation. That's not to say the shadows are sheer but they don't pack as much of a punch as Lorac, for example. I was expecting very richly pigmented pans, but a quick swipe definitely doesn't pick up as much color as smooshing your finger into the pan and rubbing. 


These swatches are one passes each over bare skin. Like I said, they aren't the most pigmented shadows out there. However, I find this to make them easier to work with, easier to blend, and pretty much fool proof for even a beginner. 


My verdict? The Amrezy Palette is an excellent beginner's palette for warm toned ladies. 

It's really hard to overdo any of the colors and if you don't blend enough that's okay, too. The colors are similar enough in tone that it's all forgiving once on the lids. There's a fun pop of purple and green, but they aren't so ridiculous that it's impossible to use them on the lids as part of a complete look.


Here is Caramel in the crease, Morocco in the outer V, and Deep Plum in the very outer corners. Glisten is all over the lids and Legend is in the inner corner. So subtle, right? These colors lack complexity, which can be both a cursing or a blessing depending on how skilled you are with eyeshadow application.



If you already have palettes upon palettes with a similar warm neutral theme, then there's no need to pick this one up. 

xo Be


2 comments:

Bellyhead said...

the purple and the emerald are verrrry pretty! Will you post a look with this palette, too?

Unknown said...

Sure thing, but most likely as a FOTD on MUB :)