First Look| Wet n Wild Smoke and Melrose Palette




Supposedly a dupe for many colors in the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, this little palette has been flying off drugstore shelves before I could get a chance to stalk it out. Seriously, I drove around town visiting Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, etc and checking at least 5 stores with no luck.

Thanks to a very generous MUA'er, I was able to get my hands on the new Fall 2014 release of Wet n Wild ColorIcon Eyeshadow Palette in Smoke and Melrose. It should retail at around $3-5 dollars.



If I didn't already tell you, Naked 3 was a huge flop for me and I'm not a huge fan of Wet n Wild eyeshadows. What's going on?? Those who have picked it up claims this palette is very buttery, pigmented, and not prone to fall out. To my eyes, these colors look a lot warmer and less dusty/cool toned than those in the Naked palette.

You'll believe me in a second. Below are swatches with one swipe on a bare arm with no primer. 


These are indeed very pigmented like many of their eyeshadow palettes, but with much less inclination to become powdery and messy in pan or cause fall out under your eyes. I had no trouble blending any of the shades out.

They're not as pigmented as the Naked 3 shadows according to some swatches I've seen online, but I had a really strange problem with the Urban Decay shadows being very hard in texture, making them impossible to blend onto the lids and pack on color.

The best part? The gold, a supposed dupe for UD Trick, is not a chunky glitter-fest of disaster. It's super smooth and can be picked up with any ole brush.



If you have the patience (or luck) to find this palette in stores, I highly recommend giving it a try. I like these shadows much better than my Naked 3 pans and will most likely depot them to sit in nice neat rows. If you are really serious about duping the Naked 3 with Wet n Wild, you should also check out Melrose At Night to complete the color range!

xo Be



No comments: