Collection| NYX Butter Glosses


NYX Butter Glosses ($4.99) are my favorite glosses to wear besides MAC Cremesheen formulas. 

Though my collection is modest, you should see the 3 backups I have of Creme Brulee. It's the perfect milky nude for warm skintones especially in the NC20-40 range. 

They're pigmented to be worn alone but also a great topper for lipsticks or liner. 


I have: Creme Brulee, Angel Food Cake, Maple Blondie, Fortune Cookie, and Peaches and Cream.

Here they are swatched (2-3 passes) and under indirect outdoor lighting. 


Here they are under direct sunlight. Don't mind the sodium packet and spoon in the background...my husband's diet is less than ideal and that keg won't grow on its own!


These are my HG lip glosses. Why?

  • They are non-sticky and slightly moisturizing, meaning I can wear them alone and feel confident enough to skip out the door.
  • They don't gloop up when reapplied and last for around 4 hours if I don't eat or drink.
  • There's a large color range to choose from.
  • They smell like dessert...a sugary sweet scent that isn't overpowering or fake. 
The only bad part? More pigmented colors tend to bleed outside of my lip lines (curse these small lips!!!) I remedy that by applying only the smallest amount onto the middle of my lips. 

Let's admit it, anything over 20 bucks for a lip gloss is preposterous. You can find these at drugstores carrying NYX (and definitely Ulta) to collect all of the shades if your heart desires without breaking the bank.

xo Be


No comments: