Collective Haul| A Little Retail Therapy

I have an unspoken rule with the husband that I get to spend my weekend mornings at the mall while he catches up on sleep. This last month, after all my bills had been paid, it was time to celebrate.


My local CVS is pretty paltry, but they finally restocked on some Milani items I've been interested in. Their Baked Powder Blush in Delizioso Pink ($7.99) is the second matte blue-based light pink blush in my collection.  I am a huge peach and coral blush lover, but I wanted something that would complement cooler toned looks like silver eyeshadow or baby pink lips. 

Milani Baked Bronzer Glow in Soleil ($9.99): MelisaMichelle on YT uses this religiously to bronze and warm up her complexion, and with so many raves online, I had to pick one up to see. It looks very glittery, so I'm sure it's not for contouring. I also picked up two more Bella Eyeshadows ($7.99) from them, in Caffe and Sand, as quick throw ons for rushed mornings. They are nicely pigmented and apply best with fingers.

A skincare repurchase for me (rare!) is the Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle Deep Wrinkle Serum ($22-24.) It smells like teriyaki sauce, but it really does help to soften fine lines and even my deep laugh line. It's a light serum that can be used under a thicker night moisturizer.

Finally, I repurchased the Revlon Age Defying Firming and Lifting Foundation in Tender Beige ($14.99.) I had purged this when I moved from Orange County, but it's a really great medium coverage foundation for yellow and dry skin. 


I know that the Sephora Friends and Family, VIB, VIB Rouge, etc... sales and discounts are coming up so do note the slight attempt at restraint here. It was Labor Day, my judgment was clouded, and I couldn't help but to get some things I wanted right away. 

First, a repurchase of Too Faced La Creme in Spice Spice Baby ($22). My tube is already halfway done since I keep it for touch ups at work. Second, I was strangely drawn to Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder ($24). It looks portable, flattering for the undereye area, and wasn't too expensive. It reminded me of a more shimmery version of NARS Translucent Setting Powder. 

Third, I got the Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Medium Sand ($24.) A lot of people rave about this for dry undereyes with dark circles. I was about to purchase Light Medium Sand, but upon swatching it was way too light for me at NC30. It feels very creamy and yet tacky, so I'm hoping for the best.

I also finally bit the bullet on the MAC 217 brush ($24) upon seeing how versatile it could be for my work makeup bag. I don't mind that it's synthetic since I would feel horrible breaking the handle or splaying out natural hairs. Finally, I made a quick visit to CVS again for Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. My old one is halfway finished and completely dried out. 

The worst part? I still have more things arriving in the mail! After this, it's a strict no-buy until Sephora's F&F.

xo Be




No comments: