Edit| My new Holy Grail Shampoo


Remember this haul from LUSH? The Fairly Traded Honey Shampoo was the best decision I've ever made for my hair.

I've already purchased the full size.


For reference, I have very coarse hair strands and lots of it. My hair is "stick straight" to the average eye, but many stylists and hairdressers tell me that I have a slight wavy texture on the crown of my head. Since I've been greying at the ripe old age of 13 I dye my hair consistently...I can't even remember my real hair color. I think it's a dark brown. Maybe.

The biggest problem I have is my oily hair + dry scalp that almost always comes back on the second day. Dry shampoos irritate my scalp so I only use it for the first day. I wash my hair every other day and time my workout schedule to coincide with washing days. 

In any case, this is the gentlest shampoo I've ever used that actually gives shine and volume to my hair and smells heavenly. It smells like Manuka honey, meaning it's sweet and herbal rather than sugar sweet. It also doesn't strip the hair but lathers well. I still have to use conditioner, but my hair doesn't feel bone dry after I've rinsed with water.

The best part is that it doesn't irritate my scalp and I can go a day longer without having to wash. 

If you're in the market for a new shampoo that gets the job done without stripping your hair color, give this one a try. I usually use WEN cleansing conditioner when my hair is longer, but this has really kept my dry scalp condition at bay.

xo Be



No comments: