Edit| My Current Skincare Routine (Part One)



Hi all,

I've been meaning to do a skincare routine post, but with how many products I cycle through it would've been an exhausting blog post to write (and read...) I've decided to split the post into three parts so that you can decide on what's most interesting to you. I will put in links later for easier reference.

Part One will be encompassing my go-to serums, lotions, and eye creams that I cycle through on a daily basis. 

Part Two will consist of my special treatments and masks done on a weekly basis.

Part Three closes the edit with discussions on the truly banal: my face washes, scrubs, and exfoliants as well as morning routine. 

Keep in mind that I have dry to normal skin that occasionally acts up with blemishes and dry patches/flakes. What works for me may be too much for your skin.



HABA Fair Lady ($59 for 30ml): An excellent introduction to Vitamin C serums and the first "serum" to make a visible difference in my skin. It's very liquidy (like a sticky water) that needs to be patted into the skin. I started out with two drops for the entire face patted on immediately after cleansing. 

The bottle suggests keeping for only 3 months once opened but you'll see a difference in dark spots and hyper-pigmentation after one month. I am almost finished with this bottle and am moving onto a new serum.


Neutrogena Ageless Intensive Deep Wrinkle Anti-Wrinkle Serum (~ $25 at drugstores): I've already finished a bottle of this stuff before. It smells like teriyaki sauce, but it really does diminish fine lines and help plump up my laugh line. It completely rid me of forehead lines with religious use. 

I use this almost every night. If I remember correctly, retinol is very reactive and doesn't pair well with BHA or AHA. Therefore I pair this with a simple moisturizer on top. 


Amlactin Cerapeutic ($3.99 at drugstores): This one is pretty much 12% AHA and meant to be used on the body but it's amazing for taking away dry patches. If I'm going through a tough spell and there are dry patches and flakes on my nose, I'll use this lotion exclusively for a few nights to restore my skin to normal. 

It smells horrible and can tingle slightly. On my inexperienced husband he claimed it burned worst than the devil's piss, so be careful if you're not used to chemical exfoliants on the face.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream (trial size, Sephora 100 pt perk): This is as basic as a night moisturizer can get. It's nice and rich without being too thick and sinks into the skin well. It has a very slight menthol/camphor scent. 

I am contemplating a full sized purchase of this cream. It works well to calm redness and trap serums into the skin. 


Cerave Eye Repair Cream ($14.99): I have a review of this coming up soon. I don't notice a huge difference with fine lines, puffiness, or dark circles. I won't be repurchasing but it's a good beginner eye cream and a good one for the AM since it sinks in very quickly.


Clinique All About Eyes Rich (sample): I received this in a swap but it's already a favorite of mine. It's very thick and very greasy, but I wake up with less fine lines (caused by dehydration) and I can get away with a lighter coverage concealer for dark circles. I'll be purchasing the full size. 

2 comments:

Miss Renee said...

I keep waffling on that First Aid Beauty line. A lot of the products seem to be full of fragrance and irritants, but I hear so many good things!

Unknown said...

Their products remind me of Cerave's but MORE scented. Hm. I wouldn't say they are amazing but for Sephora standards they are affordable. The Cream does calm down redness immediately on my face but I haven't noticed any huge long term benefits.