Haul| Ulta and Zoeva Goodies

In a dire attempt to reach Platinum status at Ulta, I made a small haul in order to take advantage of the sale on Revlon and NYX Cosmetics.

I also bought the Zoeva Luxe Complete Set, which you've seen a review of but is linked *here* if you're new and curious.




That big red canister is the Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Plus Humidity Resistant Volumizing Spray Mousse ($17.95) *pauses for effect* which I bought for 9.99 on sale. It does the job well, leaving my hair a big voluminous pouf and only a tad drier (not crunchy) due to the "texturizing" component. It requires blow drying, but I didn't wake up to helmet hair or deflated strands overnight. 

I was debating between Revlon's Whipped Colorstay formulation (not enough yellow tones) and Nearly Naked Makeup ($6.29) in Shell which I know is yellow enough when I'm NC25. It's a nice and light coverage foundation that looks just as natural as Make Up For Ever Face and Body's formula. I found that it covered redness well but not deep blemishes and lasted all day!

Of course, it's never a good Ulta haul without NYX Butter Glosses ($3.99). This time I picked up Red Velvet and Raspberry Tart for fall. 

I was also curious about their new Simply Vamp Lip Cream ($6.49) launched for Fall 2014. It was honestly hard to pick out my favorites of six from the website, but I decided on Bewitching (dark plum) and Covet (dark shimmery red brown.) They're creamy but not slippery and wears decently on the lips without bleeding or drying. They don't emphasize texture either, which is a huge plus.

Finally, the biggest accomplishment: NYX Hi Definition Photo Concealer Wand ($4.99) in Beige. It's a dupe for NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer ... but better. Way better. It's creamier under the eyes and more forgiving on fine lines, but doesn't crease or smear my eye makeup. It's also great for blemishes because it still doesn't have too much slip. Beige seems to be a yellowish NC25 color. 

I'm already plotting my Platinum member/birthday month girl haul from Ulta...and I really want to start buying my basics from Ulta to rack up points. Sephora's VIB Rouge program hits hard on the wallet and doesn't deliver the same rewards as Ulta Platinum. (Uh hello, points = real money??) I'd rather have a gift card for makeup than free shipping, the most enabling perk of them all.

xo Be






1 comment:

Miss Renee said...

I really, really need to try Nearly Naked.