First Look| L'oreal Butterfly Intenza Waterproof Mascara



Let's keep this review short and sweet. This stuff is another gimmick gone right from the drugstore, but it's good enough to make me reconsider a repurchase of my Holy Grail YSL Babydoll Faux Cils mascara (a whoppin' $30 I can't afford to spend.)



With so much success from the Butterfly mascara, L'oreal took it one step further and released the Butterfly Intenza Mascara ($8.99 at Walgreens.) I chose the waterproof version because with a damp concealer, I was getting smudges under the eyes by the time lunch rolled around.

The wand is flat with two combs on either side. It makes absolutely no sense ergonomically and really does nothing to intensify volume. It's even worse for the lower lashes because there aren't bristles at the tip of the brush. However, I found that the combs on this wand are very good at reaching all of my lashes and providing amazing length and decent volume.

Compared to any mascara formula I've ever tried, it's very lengthening without looking spidery, clumpy, or forced. 

The formula is not too thick, dry, or watery. Since it is waterproof, it does dry hard and holds a curl very well (I only noticed drooping after 6 hours in the heat.) I would advise against layering once the first coat has set, so try to extend the length as much as possible with one coat and comb religiously. 

As expected, I didn't see any smudging or smearing and I took it on a test run with a boating trip! We were out in the heat for 8 hours with lots of contact with sludgy river water, sweat, and sunscreen. Nothing smudged, flaked, or moved.

I already love the original Butterfly mascara, but this one is amazing! 

xo Be

No comments: