Edit| My Skincare Routine Part 3


Hi all,

I've been meaning to do a skincare routine post, but with how many products I cycle through it would've been an exhausting blog post to write (and read...) I've decided to split the post into three parts so that you can decide on what's most interesting to you. I will put in links later for easier reference.

Part One talks about my go-to serums, lotions, and eye creams that I cycle through on a daily basis. 

Part Two consists of my special treatments and masks done on a weekly basis.

Part Three will close the edit with discussions on the truly banal: my face washes, scrubs, and exfoliants as well as morning routine. 

Keep in mind that I have dry to normal skin that occasionally acts up with blemishes and dry patches/flakes. What works for me may be too much for your skin.



Biore UV Aqua Rich Waterry Essence Water Base SPF 50+ PA+++ is a great sunscreen. I can use it alone without a moisturizer in the summer and it's very lightweight with no tug/resistance when I rub it into the skin.  I also can layer this underneath my Cerave or Josie Maran and it doesn't cake up or pill. You can find it under $12 on EBay.

Cerave Facial Moisturing Lotion AM has been my holy grail for almost two years. It's very moisturizing for a sunscreen and layers well with any foundation. When I had combo/oily skin, it could be a little too rich for the summer. However, this has been my go-to ever since moving back to a drier climate.

Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47: I recently acquired this baby in a swap, and it's an interesting product. It's tinted peach and is a little on the thick side when you try to rub it in, but it's a helluva lot of SS protection for a tinted moisturizer. It evens out my complexion when I am rushing out the door. 

On top of everything, I also have to remember to swipe on a pea sized amount of Benefit Porefessional primer on my cheeks on the sides of my nose where my pores are most apparent. Then, I pat on a little bit of the Cerave Eye Repair Cream and then I'm prepped for my foundation routine!



For cleansing, I've been reaching for the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil at night after I remove my eye makeup with the Sonia Kashuk Eye Makeup Remover. This combination gets every single drop of makeup (even waterproof!) off my face without the need for a makeup remover wipe beforehand.

I used a sample of the DHC oil once and hated the smell, but I quickly learned from another trial size that the packet had somehow expired! The oil itself smells faintly like olive oil and emulsifies with water. I can rub it onto my lashes with no adverse reaction such as stinging, blurry vision, etc. 

As for the Sonia Kashuk remover...it puts my Neutrogena version to shame. It's very powerful without leaving an oily residue...and that's all that matters to me. As a contact lens wearer, a lot of makeup removers can irritate my vision. This doesn't and it's only $10 bucks at Target. 

And that concludes my skincare routine edit! I hope you've found some new products to try out and have a better understanding of my regimen. It's ever changing, so expect an update by next year!

xo Be

1 comment:

The Beauty Vanity said...

I have to try that DHC oil! I have problems getting rid of my waterproof mascara. I've been using this Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover and it does a good job at removing 98% of makeup.

xx Alyson
The Beauty Vanity