Review| Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette


Imagine this agony: you have over ten neutral palettes but none of them are very office space friendly. You don't want to whip out a 12 pan palette at work and start working on a smokey eye and you definitely don't *need* any more eyeshadows, but something evil inside keeps whispering at you to get a portable neutrals palette. 

For three months, I saw raves and high ratings for the newly refomulated and repackaged Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette ($36.)  I refrained even after multiple in store swatch trips. Multiple. Trips. Just. For. This. And yet I convinced myself that I didn't truly need it and any reasons I had were just excuses. 


But come on! Look at the packaging! So cute! So portable! Look at that useful mirror! 

The tin has no trouble staying open on a flat surface, but I would advise against dropping it down a cliff. The hinge is not the sturdiest.


Can we talk about the color selection and variety of finishes? There's not a single shade in here that I wouldn't use and they are all so work appropriate. 


I had slight reservations, because the cardboard Too Faced eyeshadow formulations I knew were sorta chalky and not very pigmented or long lasting. Not the case with this release. All of the colors are nicely pigmented with no fall out, lasts through a work day, and very blendable/easy to apply.

Here are swatches with one pass and no primer underneath. The lighting in my office wasn't playing nice with me, but you can get a general idea of how they apply. I often use these colors over a base like MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre for maximum color payoff or with Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze for a multi-dimensional look.



LOOK AT THAT GOLD. LOOK AT THAT BROW BONE HIGHLIGHT COLOR. ERMMMMERGH.


I am so in love with this palette I just might propose to it. All of the colors are neutral enough to flatter every skintone but warm enough to brighten up my eyes. There are so many combinations of looks that can be done with this palette. I would appreciate it even more if the gold was in the larger pan.


If you're a beginner to eyeshadows, love neutrals, or need a compact palette for stashing in a makeup bag, you NEED the Natural Eyes Palette in yo life. 

xo Be





No comments: