Edit| For That Dry Winter Skin

If you don't already know by now, my skin is normal leaning dry. For most of the year my skin is normal enough for most foundations (and a generous setting of powder in the T-zone). Come wintertime, however, I often struggle with dry patches and flaking skin, especially on the nose and chin area. This winter, however, I've been able to keep those problems at bay. In fact, I don't think I've ever been as normal-skinned!

Here are a few good ole' reliables that I pull out of the fridge for my winter skincare. 



Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream- Though surprisingly scented like citronella, this stuff is magic for dry patches on the skin, either on the face or hands. I didn't care for it as a lip balm (too smelly) but it's a miracle worker for dry skin. I also use it as an eye cream when certain folds and lines are getting prominent. I believe there's an unscented version as well.

Lanisoh HPA Lanolin- Yup, it's a nipple cream that I found on Amazon thanks to a MakeupAlley member recommendation. Besides the embarrassing "NIPPLE CREAM" on the tube, it's actually a miracle for chapped and cracked lips. It's very thick and hard to squeeze out, but it has been my go-to lip balm for nights. I wake up with some product left (it doesn't get all over my sheets) and my lips are soft enough for any matte lipstick.

Amlactin Cerapeutic- This is a body lotion with 12% AHA that's perfect for lifting up flaking skin. I use this sparingly on the nose when I see a few flakes starting to form and within a few nights they're gone for good. It smells like teriyaki sauce and is too powerful for day time unless you wear a heavy duty sunscreen.

Clinique Moisture Surge Intense- A ride or die product, this gel-lotion sinks into my skin almost immediately and provides the most hydration I've ever found in a moisturizer. It's not too heavy, but I still like to reserve it for night-time. I contribute my skin's balanced state to this magic jar of pink goodness.

Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream/Liquid- A good trial set that I'm trying out this winter, these products perform the same as Clinique Moisture Surge Intense but is even more lightweight on the skin. Whenever I'm feeling tight or dry, a generous helping of either product helps me wake up to hydrated skin. I like using either on top of my skincare routine before I head to bed to really seal in the products.

Tarte Maracuja Oil- Finally, I picked up my second bottle of this stuff in the fall. It's not as moisturizing as some of the products above, but it gives a lovely glow and dewy finish to the skin when mixed with a heavy duty foundation. Whenever I want to sheer out something like Estee Lauder Double Wear, I add a drop of this in and blend. It has also helped lighten hyper-pigmentation thanks to the high concentration of Vitamin C.

Do you suffer from winter time dryness? Which products do you use to combat it? Has anything made a lasting difference on your skin texture? 

xo Be

No comments: