Review| Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Pore Minimizing



I'm not an advocate  (hell, not even a shady spokesperson!) for primers but the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Pore Minimizing ($36) does exactly as it says and more.

Since my skin is now on the drier side of normal I don't need help with making my foundations last. What I refused to acknowledge for the longest time, however, were the pores on the sides of my nose. But pores?? I'm not oily skinned? Of course, pore size increases as we age, regardless of skin type or the climate we live in. It's gravity people! The cool thing is that pores make your skin look human rather than humanoid. 

I had been using Benefit Porefessional primer before, which definitely blurred my pores out before I applied foundation. Smashbox's version doesn't blur. It hides every single little pore completely until I take off my makeup, upon which I weep silently in front of my mirror at my porous orange peel face. (Not really. I doubt anyone really notices my pores except me.)


Compared to Porefessional, this primer is:
1. Thicker in consistency but blends out with the same silicone-y feeling. 
2. Not tinted.
3. Not scented. 
4. Better at erasing pores and preventing foundation migration.

With these kind of products the proof is in the pictures. Ignore the giant bug bite on my chin and look to the sides of my nose. NO PORES.I also put a little into my laugh lines to soften them. 
  I'm a humanoid! #lifegoals


Nope, I didn't edit that picture. Crazy, right? 

Although it's a little steep in price, I don't need more than half a pea sized amount for my problem areas. If you want to prolong the wear time of your foundation and minimize pores I would still recommend using only a pea sized amount for the entire face. So far I haven't noticed any breakouts, clogged pores, or unhappy reactions with this product.

With the rate of usage, I can see this tube lasting me at least a full year before repurchase. A full year of beautiful humanoid skin? I'm down. Now, what to do with my ultimately inferior tubes of Porefessional...? 

xo Be



























No comments: