Review| Colourpop LippieStix in Bound and Creature


Let's keep this short and sweet. I wanted to let you know that the Colourpop LippieStix are not bad for the price ($5 each.)


I picked up Bound (mistakenly, since what I really wanted was the lip pencil per SoothingSista's rec) and Creature (I don't care much for FeralCreature as a fashun blogger/wannabe modul, but this color is amazing!)


Bound is a glossy nude pink and Creature is a matte berry shade that swatches much darker on their website than irl. I had the worst first impression of these lipsticks. Bound was very strongly scented with chemical DEATH and tasted godawful. I thought Creature would be the same, but it has a faint vanilla scent not unlike MAC lipsticks.

It must be a formulation fault when they try to create beautiful pale pink colors. Bound reminds me of Creme Cup from MAC. I've tried rolling the tube all the way up and airing it out, but it still stanks like butt. They both wear very well on the lips, but I can't stand Bound especially since the scent and taste LINGERS.




Above are swatches in indoor natural lighting with two passes each. I like that they are pigmented, non-drying, and lasts 3-4 hours on the lips. I didn't see any patchiness in application but both colors don't wear well if you are eating greasy food or drinking tea throughout the day. The colors are pigmented upon one swipe on the lips, but I like layering these over a tackier lip liner for the best staying power. 

I won't be purchasing any more, but I do enjoy Creature. If you're still on the market for a vampy lip color that's flattering to most skintones, give this one a try.

xo Be























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In general, I've heard pretty negative review for the glossy formulas and positive reviews for the mattes! Creature is gorgeous and I'll definitely look into it!