First Look| Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation






Like any dramatic K-drama star, I'm unsure of my feelings and thoughts regarding Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation (~ $10 at CVS.) I love him, I don't love him, I tolerate him, I want him to work. I believe this has been around in the U.K. for some time and just recently introduced to the U.S. market.


You see, he's a little too....beige for me. When I first saw him on display, I knew him and his brothers were going to be too pink, cool toned, orange, or beige for my taste. I took home 300 True Beige which, is already a giveaway to his true colors. Perhaps if I was NC25-30, my tanner skin would work better with his tone and depth. 

There is he on the very right. It's... orange!!! I can get away with the MUFE F&B because it's very sheer on the skin, but the opacity of the Lasting Finish is ultra obvious on me, resulting in an orange and dark face compared to a light and olive neck.

From left to right: Benefit Hello Flawless in Petal. MUFE F&B in #34, Bourjois HM Serum #53, and Rimmel Lasting Finish In True Beige.



Other than this fault (and the fact that he's rather thick and doesn't have a pump)  he's really a sweet guy. He sticks around all day on my skin and lives up to the claim giving me at least 10 hours worth of wear. He also provides a medium coverage and satin finish that doesn't transfer or break down halfway through the day. It's also transfer- resistant and very hard to remove with just water and a cloth. 

The formulation is not the nicest to my laugh line or fine lines under the eyes, but at least he doesn't make fun of my pores. If I had to be a nitpicky woman, I'd say that this foundation doesn't hold up around the sides of my nose which has been freakishly oily while the rest of my face is dehydrated and full of sads.




These photos are really deceptive since you can't pick up the orange tones even in indirect natural sunlight. That, or I've blended it down my neck. Either way, I was rather self conscious whenever I wore this foundation in public to test it out for your sake. 



If you have the patience to find a color match in the drugstore, I still think there are better options with a wider shade range. This formulation is nothing special: it feels a tad heavier and doesn't do wonders for oil control or textured/dry skin. In other words, you could do better. 

xo Be
























No comments: