Edit| 24 Bullets of Lipstick to Pan

 I love lipsticks. 

But I rarely reach for them. 

And y'know they spoil faster than rotten roadkill on a desert highway. 

I've made myself a pact to finish up the following 24 lipsticks and lip products before I purchase another single lipstick. I know that some people can collect lipsticks for life and ignore expiration dates, but even with careful hoarding in the fridge, I'm still very paranoid that one day I'll go to apply one and it will be rancid. 

Also, like my new lipstick holder? It's from Amazon (seller is US Acrylic. It's pretty beefy and around $7 bucks each. I got the inspiration from YTer MakeupByAlli.)



Bold Colors (those in the back row) include: 

  • Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in F-Bomb, Anarchy, and Catfight. I don't mean to use these up because Revolution lipsticks are my HG, but I need to step outside of nudes and mauves.
  • NARS in Funny Face and Shanghai Express. Funny Face is similar to UD's Catfight but a tad deeper. It's gorgeous but I've heard stories of these spoiling quickly if not left in the fridge. Shanghai Express is a beautiful deep true red that's perfect for NC30+ skin tones. They're both horrifically drying without a balm underneath. 
  • Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in Diva (LE). I know it's blasphemous to try and use up a limited edition color, but if I don't use this hot light pink lipstick up...when will I ever? 
  • Maybelline Blissful Berry. This is my second tube. I get compliments from strangers, especially men (men! who probably never notice lipsticks!) whenever I wear this. 
  • Maybelline Craving Coral is a bright orange-ish red. It's not really coral, but I need to use it up or purge it. 
  • Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso. I love the color but don't really care for the formula. Since it's a wand application, I can't give it to anyone due to my tragic Ebola Coli Herpes Swine Flu Virus condition *one single tear*. I guess I'll have to use it up. 

Excuse the extremely off kiltered picture. I was trying to avoid a glare on the labeling for the Urban Decay lipsticks and ended up looking like an amateur photographer. 



Nudes and Daily MLBB shades include: 
  • Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks in Naked, Turn On, and Fiend: all very boring and easily used up if I persevere and reapply constantly. I don't see a need to use up MLBB colors, but I'd like to add different brands into my collection.
  • Bite Beauty lipstick in Fig. I've used up half of this and I'm bored out of my mind with it. It's a deeper rose that leans cool toned. It needs to GTFO.
  • NARS Gipsy. A faint beginner's red. Lovely, but it will spoil if I don't use it up.
  • MAC Creme Cup. The only cool toned light pink that doesn't make me look undead. Washed out? A little. But I have a strange sentimental attachment to this one and can't purge it. It looks great on top of a deeper mauve toned lip liner. 
  • Too Faced La Cremes in Juicy Melons, Naughty Nude, Fuchsia Schock, Naked Dolly, and Spice Spice Baby. These are my favorite lipsticks of all time because they're pigmented and glossy without being drying. Still, they can't sit around forever. 
  • Chanel Rouge Coco in Madamoiselle. I don't want to use this one up, but I hear Chanel lipsticks spoil easily. This is the perfect MLBB and performs swell without lip balm, so it will be traversing in my purse. 
  • Laneige Water Tints in Peach Coral and Scarlet Red. They're nice lip jellies but nothing special compared to my Revlon Moisture Stains. I'm sure with frequent application I can get them out of my life. 
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Rasberry Tart. I thought that this would be the gloss version of Maybelline Blissful Berry, but it's too...purple! It's sheer, but I don't really see when the need for purple lips ever arises in an office setting. 


Is this unreasonable? I don't know if it's humanly possible to even complete one lipstick in a lifetime...Is it strange to collect lipsticks and never use them? Deep thoughts will be thunk today. 

xo Be


No comments: