First Look| Urban Decay Sheer Lipstick In Slowburn

The Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks are my HG in terms of color variety, texture, and wear but their newly released Sheer versions was a let down. 

Womp Womp....

I picked up the shade Slowburn ($22) which is a gorgeous orange-red that's absolutely stunning for spring and summer. The downside? It doesn't last. At all. 



Like if I applied and talked for 3 minutes, I would look into a compact and not see it. 

Well not really, but it does not last through a drink and definitely not through a meal. If you know me, I'm constantly stuffing something into my gullet and messing up lipsticks. This formula just could not work with my active (eating) lifestyle. Not to mention, it isn't exactly moisturizing like I had thought...though it doesn't dry my lips out either. 

The packaging is absolutely gorgeous but the formula didn't agree with me. It felt like a poor man version of the new Rouge Cocos: sheer color, minimal lasting power, and mediocre moisturizing properties. Pass! 


From left to right: Revlon Moisture Stain in Cannes Crush, Givenchy Le Rouge in Mandarin Bolero, Too Faced La Creme in Juicy Melons, and UD Sheer in Slowburn

Overall, I've been loving my Dr. Pepper Lipsmacker more than this lipstick for every day. Seriously, just go buy a tinted lip balm at the drugstore. Back it goes to Ulta!

xo Be



No comments: