First Look| Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation in 4.0



It's hard to put down this love in words, but I have praises to sing for the Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation ($40 for 1 fl.oz.)





My collection of heavy duty (full pigment and long wearing) foundations include: the Marc Jacobs Remarcable Foundation, Sephora Airbrush Foundation, CoverFX Drops, and the Hourglass Illusion Skin Tint (surprised?)


The UD All Nighter is the most olive addition to the gang and contains the most pigment per pump. You'll need one pump (sheered out by a damp Beauty Blender so that nothing "cakes" up) to cover your entire face with the fullest coverage that lasts all night. Basically, witchcraft?

Pros
  • Olive! 4.0 matches NC27-30. I would say that it oxidizes a smidge beyond NC25 (initial color). I found that 5.0 was a good match for a peachy-orange NC30-35 and 6.0 was a good match for NC35-40. Both 5.0 and 6.0 were not olive enough for me, but the shade range encompasses ultra fair and deep complexioned humans. 
  • Because there is so much pigment in one pump, there's a really small chance that it will bunch or cake in textural issues like fine lines, flakes, smile lines, etc. if you use the right amount. I didn't notice any of these issues until after the 10+ (miracle) hour mark and only at an insanely self conscious distance from the mirror.
  • There's minimal to no transfer and you won't need to set with a powder if you're on the dry/normal side.
  • Dat reasonable price + small amount needed = cost efficiency. 


Possible Cons
  • Very dry skin types will find the mattifying properties a little too strong for their liking. Likewise, very oily types will have oil breaking through at the 3-4 hour mark. For my combination skin, my cheeks stayed at a great matte finish while my nose and forehead needed blotting after a few hours.I think it's best for normal to combination skin.
  • Those with very prominent issues like flakes or mature lines may find that it emphasizes texture. 
  • You may find blending with a brush or fingers harder than usual since it dries incredibly quickly. I work it in sections, starting with the most product on my chin (acne scarring), forehead (textural issues), and spreading the rest to the perimeters of my face to even the coverage. A damp sponge works best.
  • Do your best to remove this foundation thoroughly at night, or you may find yourself with clogged pores or irritation.


(And now, all teh pic spam!!!1)

This is 1 coat, not set with powder, in natural indoor lighting (window facing.) You can definitely see that it's a bulletproof base product that doesn't gunk up on the skin. The only reason you can tell that I'm wearing makeup is because...it looks too flawless. #tooflawless #maybeconceited


Another one.


Andddd another one.


For the ultimate test, I took it on a test drive at Outsidelands for a full 12 hours and it held up beautifully. After the full test run, it had faded minimally on my chin and between my eyebrows. There was slight setting into my smile lines and it lifted the texture on my chin pimple slightly. Otherwise, my cheek products were mostly intact. 


Holy grail. Amazing. Must buy. Wow.

xo Be



No comments: