Review| It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Loose Powder




It only took me two months to try out the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Poreless Finish HD Micro-Powder in Translucent ($24 at Ulta), but I've realized that this may be the first loose powder that I finish up.




You see, I hit pan on my beloved Too Faced Primed and Poreless (the pressed version) months ago. At the time, I wasn't too keen on repurchasing setting powders because I had a few to use up in my stash. However, this was 50% off during Ulta's sale and looked amazing on a lot of YouTubers. Wai not?


Actually, I know why not: the second hand coal mine lungs from inhaling fine silica and the exhausting balancing act of trying to juggle loose powder before I've had my coffee! 

Instead of trying to fit this product neatly on top of my acrylic drawer display, I've decided to leave it slightly ajar on top of a napkin on my vanity. Then, instead of swirling a dense domed top brush into the rather small lid and risk death, I use a flat but fluffy powder brush and push the product into the bristles using the lid. It's a lot of tinkering for such a simple step of setting down base product, but the end result of poreless and matte skin for hours is well worth it. 


Airbrushed, soft-focus finish? Definitely. When used with a smoothing primer, this stuff hides lines and pores well like a champ.

I usually get full oil breakthrough by the 4 hour mark in the late summer heat, but a quick blot will reduce shine for the rest of the day. The best thing about this powder is how friendly it is to dry/normal skin that isn't plagued with textural issues. 

In comparison to my pressed TF Primed and Poreless, I think it does a better job of optical blurring but a worse job of oil control. Pick your battles. Fan favorites like the Laura Mercier loose powder are amazing at oil control but can look almost *heavy* on the skin and destroys the illusion of perfected skin. 


I will only get a white cast with a heavy hand, but a light dusting will knock off shine and blur imperfections. I haven't tried this powder under flash photography as I tend to rely on heavy duty setting sprays for nights out. 



Useless sponge puff is useless. Try to use a dense domed brush for precision setting or my flat brush technique as described above. You can also use a higher quality sponge puff for pressing the powder into problematic areas, but I find that method a little lacquered for daily wear. 

This is the powder freshly applied on top of the Shiseido Synchro Skin Foundation. As silicone heavy as that base may be, this powder takes it to another level and completely eradicates visible bumps and clogged pores on my forehead. It doesn't pick up on peach fuzz and my fine lines under the eyes are all but erased. There's also minimal creasing in my smile lines, but I accredit that to my CoverFX eye primer (shh, not a #juicecleanse.) 




Overall, I will definitely repurchase during another sale or give the pressed version a try. It must be those extra vitamins infused into the formula, because I've never had a powder work so well with dehydrated skin. 

xo Be