First Look| Wunderbrow in Brown/Black


Ever since finding my holy grail brow combination of Anastasia's Brow Wiz along with Benefit's Gimme Brow, I've been hard pressed to branch out to new products. After all, why fix what isn't broken? 


Tati from YT raves that the Wunderbrow Brow Gel ($22, I found a display inside of CVS) is her favorite brow formula ever. It comes in several shades: Auburn, Blonde, Brown/Black, Brunette, and Jet Black. Although I'm currently planning a transition to platinum, I still appreciate a brow product that matches my natural brow hairs completely. I picked up Brown/Black as it seemed dark and neutral.



 


I've swatched it in between the old Benefit Gimme Brow formula in Dark and Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown (formerly Medium Ash). The Brow Wiz is definitely cooler toned in real life and a tad cooler than the Wunderbrow. 

Here are swatches under natural lighting.


The applicator is strange: it looks like a floppy lip gloss wand. The product itself is wet (but not too runny) and doesn't have any fibers visible to the naked eye. You can wipe off the excess and start painting directly onto the brows while following your natural shape. 

 It's meant to be waterproof, transfer-proof, and pretty much iron strength until you attack it with an oil cleanser. I found that it held up beautifully to water and sweat. If you like the Anastasia Dip Brow but find that you can get heavy handed- this may be a better alternative. Best of all, my brows don't feel as crunchy and stiff as when I use Gimme Brow.

 I don't think it looks as natural as brow gel (by itself) but it is less sculpted than a combination of brow pencil and gel. I can get my brows on in 10 seconds flat if I use feather-light strokes. I lay it on a flatter angle for the tail for maximum color payoff and then feather the remainder of the product into the front using upward strokes.

I can already tell that if you don't have actual brow "hairs", this product will be painted directly onto your skin and won't look as natural as advertised. It deepens your brow hairs but won't give you a definite shape unless you can paint it on with more precision. You can use an angled liner brush and dip it into the product for that purpose.



Don't look at my mustache and spotty skin. Look instead at my super bushy brows. You can still see the texture in the front of the brows, a little definition throughout the body, and a tapering shape for the tail. Still, you can see that my brows are more defined (I wouldn't say naturally.) 

You could probably use this in conjunction with a brow pencil or any other product that will outline rather than darken. I usually think it looks polished enough on its own. 

You can still see the natural texture of my brows :)


One more for vanity's sake. My FOTD details are as follows: 

Tom Ford Quad in Honeymoon
Guerlain Rouge Automatique *DC* in Nahema
 theBalm Frat Boy blush
 Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Duo in #4 Medium/Candlelight
Wunderbrow Brow Gel in Brunette/Black
Lancome Definicils Mascara


xo Be

2 comments:

women's eyeglasses said...

Nice sharing! Glad to read your post!

Travis Smith said...


Hello it's me, I am also visiting this web page regularly, this site is actually fastidious and the visitors are genuinely sharing good thoughts. capitalone com login