First Look| Besame Mini Lipstick Set


A Secret Santa wanted me to fall in love with Besame Cosmetics and sent me their 2016 Holiday Mini Lipstick Set ($25) directly from Sephora.com. 





They're tiny! Although I use lipsticks at a sloth's pace, I could foresee myself using them up if I dedicate myself to finishing up one tube per month. Still, I think it's a very efficient way to try out new formulas and shades and pick up your favorite full sized bullet. They're replicas of vintage original releases! I can't imagine how GOTH those 1930s gals must have looked! 


My favorite is Chocolate Kiss (on trend for the current '90's brown lip' look) followed by Red Velvet which is a bright true red that's perfect for the holiday season.




The formula is satin (leaning matte if you blot it down) and very comfortable to wear. I usually get 5-6 hours of solid performance before having to reapply. Noir Red is the patchiest while Dusty Rose glides like a dream. They're all very comfortable on my dry lips and just need a bit of balm underneath. 

I think they re-apply well if you don't have extremely dry lips and glide smoothly on freshly prepped kissers. 

Here's another shot in natural daylight (albeit a bit overcast) that shows the truest color payoff for each lipstick. Each swatch is 2 passes. 


Unfortunately, I don't think I can find this set online. However, you can still pick up a full size with their Classic Color Lipsticks ($22) range and revisit some historical pin-up looks. 

xo Be


No comments: