First Look| Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Medium Brown


Not so long ago, I did a review on the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade ($18) in Dark Brown and beat it to death with a large shovel. I called it unnatural, thick, hard to use, and only for those wanting grouch brows. 


My opinion on Dark Brown remains unchanged, but my technique and application skills have vastly improved thanks to two things.

1. The new release of three colors: Soft Brown, Medium Brown, and Taupe meant for those who have lighter and cooler toned hair on their mugs. 
2. The discovery of her #12 brush ($18) which, with its stiff angled bristles and super scratchy spoolie, has totally changed the application of the product. 

While Soft Brown is meant for lighter warm toned hair and Taupe is meant for platinum blondes or those with very light brow hairs, Medium Brown is the perfect color for dark and cool toned haired gals who don't want their brows to overpower their faces. Pssst....it's a dupe for their Brow Wiz Pencil in Medium Ash. As someone who wears their hair from light brown to a deep black, I've always reached for Medium Ash because of its cool tone. 



The second step to perfecting the Dipbrow Pomade is to use the right tools, dammit! Before I had used a thicker, less dense angled brush that a. took up too much product, even when swirling it about in the cap before applying in feeble hope the color would lighten b. smeared the color everywhere onto my brows instead of in a precise straight line.

Here is the color in indirect natural lighting with one swipe. Pigmented!


With the #12 brush, its hairs are so stiff and pointed that it only picks up product on the very tip of the brush and lays down a very thin line on your brows. With the opposite end spoolie you can then brush everything out. I deposit color on the bottom of my brows and brush upwards.

Here is the color in direct sunlight. It's warm enough to work with my skin tone, but cool enough to work with my brow's hairs.



The end results are still more dramatic than a pencil or powder, but much longer lasting. The product is waterproof after all and marketed towards those with oily skin or people who live in humid climates.


Case in point: I better learn to use a product correctly before knocking it!

xo Be

1 comment:

The Beauty Vanity said...

It's a bit tricky to use, I agree. I find that with a sharp angled brush, I can get a really precise line and also have the ability to feather in light strokes if needed.

xx Alyson
Beauty Vanity