Edit| My Skincare Routine Part 2


Hi all,

I've been meaning to do a skincare routine post, but with how many products I cycle through it would've been an exhausting blog post to write (and read...) I've decided to split the post into three parts so that you can decide on what's most interesting to you. I will put in links later for easier reference.

Part One talks about my go-to serums, lotions, and eye creams that I cycle through on a daily basis. 

Part Two consists of my special treatments and masks done on a weekly basis.

Part Three will close the edit with discussions on the truly banal: my face washes, scrubs, and exfoliants as well as morning routine. 

Keep in mind that I have dry to normal skin that occasionally acts up with blemishes and dry patches/flakes. What works for me may be too much for your skin.



Arrahan Apple Peeling Gel (Whitening) ($24.00 on Amazon)-- This gel is perfect for removing dead skin without exacerbating my broken capillaries. I was originally looking for the Cure Peeling Gel, but it was too expensive for my taste. This supposed dupe is also meant to whiten the skin (how? probably by removing old cells on top.)

It smells a tad chemical and not very apple-y, which is expected. It doesn't sting or burn.

I put on a thin layer once a week after washing my face, leave on for 2 minutes, and then start rubbing it in vigorously. The most disgusting reaction occurs and little white clumps start to form. This is all of your dead skin, congrats! Afterwards, my skin is left feeling very soft. Even the hubby attested to this.

Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips ($9.99 for 14 count)-- After the peel, there's no dirt or skin on the surface of my skin and I go in with a pore strip on my nose. A lot of people don't see results with these, but it's a fun step for me to see the little white and blackheads it can pull from underneath. It also prevents me from picking at my blackheads on my nose and scarring it up further.

LUSH Mask of Magnaminty ($24.99)-- While that pore strip is cookin', I like to also slap on this mask and sit back with some my IPad and relax. This stuff smells faintly like mint chocolate chip and really does help with clogged pores, especially on the sides of my nose and on the forehead, by drawing everything up to the surface. The scrubby bits do dirty up my sink so I remove this mask with a damp paper towel and don't let it dry to the point of flaking.

Keep in mind that this mask will make you break out the first few times since it really does draw up nastiness to the surface. This edit is actually a month or two after I purchased this mask, so Magnaminty had some time to redeem itself to me. It's also marketed as a back mask and works wonderfully for my husband.

This routine has greatly helped with the texture of my skin, mainly by getting rid of clogged pores, whiteheads, and blackheads on my face. Since I have dry to normal skin, I don't do it any more than once a week. 

not pictured is my...

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion ($17)-- I don't think I'm ever running out of this stuff. I only use it once a month (y'all know when...) and the tiniest dab will dry up a big red blemish instantly. This is the last step before I go to bed since it stinks and should be left on overnight. This is forever a staple, beating out any salicylic acid or benzyl peroxide spot treatments I've ever had.

Stick around for the final installment of my skincare routine, where I talk about the staples that never die. 

xo Be





No comments: