First Look| Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks in Rose and Primrose



Revlon silently released their Ultra HD lipsticks and lacquers for this fall, and I picked up two from CVS for $10.49 each. You can find them at Target for only $7.99! 

I was curious because there hasn't been a lot of hype surrounding these lipsticks, even though they look like Revlon's infamous lip butters on crack. I used to collect those until I realized they made my lips uncomfortable and dry. 

I'm also not quite sure why these are called Ultra HD lipsticks because they are mostly unflattering in real life and in pictures from my experience. Guess who's going back to CVS to make a return?




I picked up 835 Primrose (a mauve-y nude) and 830 Rose (a cool dusty rose.) I prefer Primrose a lot more and find it to be very MLBB...similar to Too Faced La Creme in Spice Spice Baby

Before we even discuss the poor formula, let's take a look at the packaging. Clear for people to see the color of the tube? Sure, that's fine. A bullet that can't be turned down, meaning you get product all over the insides of the clear tube every time you carefully try to recap the lipstick? Ew. Not the mention, the lipstick itself is very soft and creamy...so try on. Recap it flawlessly. I dare you.

A tiny applause for sealed packaging. 


Below are swatches in various lighting. 





And Primrose on the lips (freshly applied.)



Packaging: Like I said, not very pretty or useful. Revlon could have let you swivel product way down, but they decided on an aesthetic reasoning that makes no sense.


Color: They are opaque and only need one swipe for true pigmentation. This is the only pro of the formula. 

Scent: Some people warned that these smell and taste like cherry cough syrup. Personally, they remind me of childhood candies and I enjoy the scent. It's cloying, but doesn't linger.

Formula: The formula itself looks and feels creamy, until you rub your lips together and find a strange....grittiness to the texture. They remind me of Bite Beauty lipsticks in that they're creamy but not actually moisturizing. In fact, the formula went on fine but then quickly sank into my lip lines after a mere hour. Boo. 

Wear: Because they are so creamy, they do bleed outside of lip lines if you don't wear a lipliner underneath. Forget putting a balm on top. The color stains slightly, but the lipstick itself runs off after a sip of tea. 

Because of the poor lasting power, drying formula, and horrid packaging, I will be returning these Ultra HD lipsticks. I'm just not a fan of poorly performing lipsticks when I can get one lipstick from a higher end brand that will be a joy to wear. 

xo Be

































No comments: