Review| Wet n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation in Medium/Tan

I bet you've overlooked the Wet n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation ($3.99) every time you've trolled at the drugstore.




I mean, the packaging is uninspiring and it's most likely on the bottom shelf. If you do find it and poke around out of curiosity, half of the time the seal has been tampered with and someone gave themselves a free make over in stores. And even if you've made it that far, you probably couldn't find a shade match if you're anything but beige or pink.

Go look online and you'll be surprised at how many stellar reviews this foundation gets. I don't mean: "Yeah, it was okay for a drugstore foundation and I practically paid the price of a latte but I'm over it." I think this foundation is one of the best I've ever tried and many other reviews concur.


However, this formula clogged my pores  after two weeks of consistent use. I am devastated...it's like trying on a new dress and thinking you look fabulous...to the point that you overeat and gain five pounds in a week from thinking you look naturally amazing. *le sigh*

I don't clog often, but this may be too "heavy" for daily use. Otherwise, it gives such a flawless finish to the skin!

I have Fair/Light and Medium/Tan, ByTerry Cover Expert in 7 Vanilla Beige, Liole Triple and Beyond the Solution BB Creams swatched below for comparison. 




Color Match: If I remember correctly there's 7 shades from Fair to Tan. Let's be honest, Medium/Tan is the most yellow out of the range... but yellow toned people exist below NC35. I'm currently a tad darker than NC30 and it matches very well but I don't have a match within the line for NC20-25.

Consistency and Application: Like the name suggests, it's a creamy foundation that's not too thick or thin. It doesn't drag across the face and isn't hard to blend but it won't drip or slide down the back of your hands. The squeeze tube with a wide opening is precarious but I haven't made a mess yet. 

Upon application, a discernible smell of chemicals attacks the senses. Yes, it smells like cheap foundation from the drugstore...in essence, of paint. It has no other fragrance and the smell doesn't linger.

The foundation spreads around the face easily once I dot it evenly on the cheeks, nose, forehead, and chin. It doesn't dry particularly fast and you don't need to work it in like a maniac. I've tried it with a brush (Zoeva Silk Finish), fingers, and a damp sponge. Using a stippling motion with the brush works best to hide pores. 

Coverage: One layer is an easy medium coverage, with darkest spots peeking through. Two layers is full coverage. It doesn't look cakey if built to a second layer, but I haven't found a need for a third. 

Even though it's a cream texture, it's not heavy on the face. It feels like any other foundation you'll wear. 

Finish: Such a lovely finish! It's satin and very similar in finish to L'oreal True Match foundation but looks even more natural. That's probably because it never cakes up on the sides of my nose or sink into my laugh line. 

No, I can't say it looks completely like skin. Without concealer, my skin looks ultra healthy and too perfect, and that's scary to me. I don't think there's SPF so this makes a perfect foundation for special events with photography, dancing, sweating, canoodling, etc. 

Lasting Power: If set with a powder, it can last all day. I didn't use a mattifying powder to set (only an Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder) and didn't find any oil peeking through, but I am now dry to normal skinned. 

More importantly, it doesn't break up in air conditioning or polarizing weather conditions. I don't see any bald patches of bare skin by the end of the day, or collected gunk around my nose and pores, or transfer to napkins and tissues. 


Ignore the weird face...but seriously, look at the finish in one layer! It's gorgeous, radiant, flawless...and clog inducing for my skin. Frustrating. 


Other small cons include: 


1. Ugly packaging that can make a mess if you squeeze too hard and can be easily tampered with at the store.
2. Poor shade range and selection for yellow toned people.
3. The smell! The odious chemical smell! 

If you're not sensitive to any listed ingredients, it's a really excellent foundation. For me, I'll keep it around and wear only to short events where I know I need to look perfect.
xo Be
















No comments: