Edit| Run, Don't Walk to the Urban Decay Pulp Fiction Palette!




I literally scoffed at the release of Urban Decay Pulp Fiction Palette ($32, now $16 at Sephora and Ulta). Another neutral palette inside a giant, clunky, practically ugly design? Pass. I haven't seen and understood the cult movie that is Pulp Fiction, so I have no loyalty to the packaging and may depot in the near future.

BUT OMG. 

These are the best neutrals I've ever used from Urban Decay, surpassing even the Naked Basics and Basics 2 in terms of pigmentation, blendability, and versatility. Not to mention, it's on sale for $16 bucks! 

You know how there's mattes in the Vice 3, but those mattes really contain a tiny hint of micro-shimmer? Vengeance is the only shade with the same micro-shimmer, but even finer. The result is a multi-dimensional matte that's still actually a matte on the lids. 



Tyranny is a lovely warm brown that's perfect for crease work. Righteous is the first UD lid color that actually shows up on my lids as a creamy beige rather than a powdery sweet nothing. I'm not a huge fan of the split Furious/Anger, especially when Anger is a shimmery inner corner highlight, but when have you ever used up a matte black or shimmery white?




This is one swipe of each pan sans primer. It may look a little powdery in swatches, but I assure you they are not in the least bit hard to blend or prone to fall-out. They feel like luxe MUG eyeshadows! They wear like iron like many other UD shadows and don't crease or fade until the 9-10 hour mark.

I received mine in a swap, but I am definitely picking another up for a friend who's a huge fan of matte neutrals for every day wear.

xo Be

No comments: