First Look| Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot Box O' Blushes



I am totally in love with this kitschy packaging and I'm not ashamed. Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot Box O' Blushes ($36) is about as practical as any tin container of blushes can get. (Read: clunky! space waste! huge!)

I still remain strong with my belief that this makes the perfect holiday gift for the newbie makeup lover, Benefit blush fanS, and friends and family who are very young at heart. It's available at Sephora and Ulta, though I think it may be sold out at Sephora. 


Yes, it's a cardboard box that houses a tin house of 5 blushes, Hoola bronzer, Watt's Up cream highlighter, and a small brush. Tinception. You also get instructions and guidelines on which blush to use depending on the occasion, which is perfect for beginners.



These blushes are the same ones that are sold separately in cardboard boxes for $28 each. Granted you get less product in this tin but it's a great way to try out the Benefit selection. I have heard some complaints that the quality of these blushes don't match up to their full sizes, but I respectfully disagree. They are very blendable, soft, and nicely fragranced. 


That being said, these blushes are NOT ultra pigmented. They are meant to give your skin a soft glowing effect rather than a statement of color. I am usually considered light medium in tone and these blushes give only a hint of color. 

These swatches are one pass with no primer in various lighting. From left to right: Hoola, Coralista, Rockateur, Dandelion, Bella Bamba, Sugarbomb (blended). I did not swatch Watt's Up. 


Below is in natural indoor lighting. 


Here are the swatches in indoor lighting, where you can really see the texture of the blushes. I find that these blushes are subtle on the cheek but last decently, at least on my normal to dry skin. Of course, Hoola is a holy grail bronzer for me because it's not too warm or cool and makes an excellent contour powder. My least favorite is Dandelion, as the color barely shows up on anyone darker than NC10 -_-



There are also complaints about the tin storage being too clunky to fit into small acrylic drawers, but the blushes rest upon a foam pad, and you can easily depot into your own z-palette if the need arises. I personally *adore* the cute packaging and use it as a display on my vanity. Reminds me of cutout cardboard houses for Hello Kitty and friends that I loved as a child.

Pick one up, or several, as gifts for the holiday season and I'm sure you won't disappoint!

XO Be

























No comments: