Review| Make Up For Ever 2014 Artist Palette




Have you seen the Make Up For Ever 2014 Artist Palette ($42) in stores and online? It's one of my favorite holiday "purchases" in a long time. (Note, I actually swapped for this...because my wallet would never forgive me if I bought this!) 

I don't need more palettes to begin with, so the decision to swap for this was a lot wiser *pats self on back* and meant no guilt from me. I was eyeing this, however, because it contains smaller sizes of the newly reformulated shadows from MUFE in a teeny tiny compact that's perfect for throwing into my work designated makeup bag. 



I mean, just look at it! It fits perfectly into my palm. I use this palette daily for work, along with my Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette. The two create a nice variety of combinations of eye looks and can easily be stored in a desk drawer.




Now, I've come to terms with my base primal instincts and those tell me I only wear neutrals and warm tones on a daily basis...so the blue and purples on the right side of the palette would be a moot point, right? WRONG! They are so beautifully complex that when blended into the outer v or smudged along the lash line my eye makeup is glam without being overdone.

Below are swatches in various lighting situations. These are one pass over bare skin. The texture of every pan is divine thanks to the new gel to powder formulation and swatches beautifully. 





Of course, I'd be a tease if I keep telling you how much I enjoy these reformulated shadows without telling you exactly why. 

1. The most buttery formulation I have ever felt with my mere mortal fingers. It feels like a gel that agrees with your fingers and every single swatch I've seen of these new shadows are perfect. At  the same time, you can easily pick it up with a flat shader or fluffy blending brush to be applied on the lids. 

2. A new industry high of 88% pigment (did I remember that correctly? Or am I just dreaming...) means extremely pigmented payoff with minimal fallout. As glittery as most of the pans look, none of them produce fallout on the lids. They're like very well pressed pigments rather than eyeshadows.

3. They are non-creasing, easily to blend, and last forever on the lids with any eye shadow primer you have on hand. The only con is the lack of true mattes in this palette and its "dupability." Otherwise, these shadows are absolutely game changing. 

If you're not quite ready to pull the trigger on the full sized pans ($21 each is quite aggravating to most...) give this palette a try first!

xo Be

No comments: