Edit| Foundations On My Radar

Uh....I have a problem.

My skin really isn't awful, but nothing excites me more than trying out new foundations. I love perfected skin over a crisp cat eye or a beautifully stained lip. New base products can also be very picky and I've tried enough to know what works with my skin and what can't no matter how well I prep.

To reiterate, my skin is a cool yellow/olive in undertone with slight surface redness in the nose and cheek area. It's relatively normal but sometimes likes to simultaneously peel AND get oily in the T-zone which means that I'm dehydrated. I have slightly larger pores now and some fine lines under the eyes, with faint broken capillaries and hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks. (Jesus, that's fun to type out.) A good foundation should be long lasting and forgiving to textural issues like flakes and dry spots in my opinion.

This is my Sephora fantasy cart, ready for discounts and promotions and pensive editing:




Since the Giorgio Armani Master Corrector is being discontinued, I want to pick one up AND get the new alternative: Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener. I'm hoping that the new BB version is lighter and won't crease like their cream pot as BeautyCrush on YT has promised.

Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Foundation must be made of sea urchin unicorn fairy secretion, because $62 for .71 oz of product is borderline insane. I hear it's perfect for HD situations and dry skin who wants light coverage. That's me!

I've heard nothing but great things about the Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Reveal Lifting Foundation and the shade Caramel 110 seems to be A LIGHT TONED OLIVE FOUNDATION. *hallelujah* It's pricey ($72), but I'd pay my firstborn child and first crop of wheat for a foundation that matches me to a T.

As for "almost matches" but perfect formulations, the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in 3.5 isn't exactly olive, but it's very very yellow and at the right depth for NC25. I wasn't about to buy 3 (a cool yellow) or 4 (a lighter olive) to mix with my bottle of 6 (Kermit green paste) because ain't nobody got time and I'd rather have one trusty bottle to reach for when it comes to events with flash photography.

Finally, the Dior Diorskin Nude Air Serum is a maybe. I had a sample and was wary because it's another serum foundation that I was afraid would be too matte and accentuate my dehydrated texture and Linen (the only yellow shade in the limited range) is a tad dark. The sample is a tad dark for the "Linen" shade in their line, but it's the least texture accentuating out of many serum foundations on the market. It's not exactly kind to my dry skin, but I'm thinking that it will be great for summer.

Are you the type that wants to try every new foundation, or do you use up a few bottles before repurchasing ole faithfuls?

xo Be




2 comments:

YellowDontCrack said...

Would love to know if you got any new foundation during the Sephora sale?

Unknown said...

I actually crossed the Maifanshi Moisture foundation off my list for being too orange, and GA Luminous Silk in 3.5 isn't quite olive enough for me. The Dior Nude Air is unimpressively drying and I am still on the fence about the D&G Lift since I'm already tanner than usual. I did pick up the CoverFX drops in G40 which I'll be doing a review on soon :)